Single Piece of Robe Reykjanesbær edition, 2023
Status: SESSIONS FINISHED & EXHIBITED
Premiere: 31 August – 3 September 2023, Keflavik
“Single piece of robe” is about creating art by photographic collaboration with women that want to focus on (or improve) their self acceptance by posing for art photo.
The participation was free.
No modelling experience was necessary.
It’s just about how you are.
26 women responded to open calls in social media, 18 of them had photo sessions made. Project response came from Njarðvík, Sandgerði, Hafnarfjorður and Reykjavik / Capital area.
All participants used a single clothing item of their choice for photo session. Well, some items were not really clothing elements 😉
Photo sessions were concluded from 23 May to 28 July 2023.
- 23/5 – Leggins by Dovile
- 25/5 – Long cape by Sam
- 25/5 – Shirt by Méline
- 2/6 – Climbing rope by Kasia
- 8/6 – Spiderwoman outfit by Sara
- 9/6 – Vest by Ysabel
- 12/6 – Lace panty by Adriana
- 23/6 – Coat by Ksenia
- 27/6 – Latex underwear by Fran
- 27/6 – Crochet top & hoodie by Elisa
- 5/7 – Raincoat by Beatriz
- 11/7 – Body & robe by Agni
- 16/7 – Tights by Viola
- 17/7 – Dress by Ala
- 19/7 – Jeans jacket by Anna
- 20/7 – Dry palm leaf decor by Elle
- 24/7 – Tulle skirt by Ewa
- 28/7 – Knitted shawl by Olivia
- Improvement of participant’s self-esteem was the most important factor.
- Collaboration, new contacts and Art comes second
- Exhibition – The first seeing took part during Ljosanott 2023 event in Keflavik. More exhibitions are coming soon
- Online presentation – a contact sheet of all official images is being presented on this page. Selected images are being used for promo.
- The album (optional) – still in the plans 🙂